The Swedish Vallhund (Västgötaspets):
A legacy of the Vikings
Including eight pages full colour photographs
One hundred and ninety b/w photographs
An extensive Glossary of Terms and pedigree data for each photo
1. Origins – Viking legacy or myth
2. The Founding histories – Sweden, Australia,
Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America.
3. Structure including 137 illustrations by
Margaret Davidson and an extensive elaboration of the Breed Standards.
4. Genetics including; Colour genetics and the breed, coat, clef palates, cryptorchidism, eye diseases, hip dysplasia, hypothyroidism and legg calve perthes disease.
5. Breeding, Puppies and Evaluation
6. Training, written by the world renowned Lucille Ellem.
7. Specialty pursuits; agility, conformation showing, junior showmanship, earth dog, endurance, flyball, herding. Lure coursing, musical freestyle, obedience, tracking and search and rescue.
8. About the author
Orders are now open. Full price $60.00 AUD including taxes. Postage costs additional
Paypal payments are accepted or monies maybe be sent directly to the author.
For further information please email
The Book about the breed